Jeffrey A. Lustick222 Grand Avenue, Suite A
Bellingham, WA 98225
Jeffrey is the founder and senior partner of Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone where his law practice focuses on felony and misdemeanor defense, DUI and traffic law, aviation law, and military law.
BackgroundJeffery began his legal career in the U.S. Air Force in 1997, where he served as a military prosecutor and circuit defense counsel and, later, as a Special Assistant United States Attorney. After leaving active duty, he was the Lead Prosecutor for the City of Bellingham until entering private practice in 2004.
Jeffrey was elected President of the Whatcom County Bar Association in 2006 after serving as an officer for four years. He was also President of the Baker Creek Estates Neighborhood Association in North Bellingham where he helped draft the City of Bellingham’s annexation plans for the area, worked to establish safety and security programs, and founded a neighborhood block watch.
Jeffrey is a legal news consultant, on-air contributor, and fill-in talk show host for KGMI Radio AM-790 in Bellingham. He also frequently provides legal commentary for news stories on television stations KIRO-7, KING-5 and KOMO-4 in Seattle and nationally for ESPN-Radio. He has also appeared as a legal consultant and on-air guest for TruTV (formerly Court TV) in Manhattan, N.Y.
He is a member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Legal Plan Attorney’s Panel, the Washington Pilot’s Association, the Experimental Aircraft Association, the Civil Air Patrol, the American Legion, and a former member of the Washington Air National Guard. A pilot since the age of 17, Jeffery has more than 2,500 hours of flight experience in Cessna and Piper aircraft.
Western Washington University, Bachelor of Arts
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers organization 2012-2014
- Top 100 DUI Attorneys in Washington, National Advocacy for DUI Defense, 2013-2104
- Washington Super Lawyers, 2008-2014
- Top 40 Trial Lawyers Under Age 40 in Washington, 2010
- Avvo.com Rated “10” Superb since 2006.
Admitted to the Following Courts
- The United States Supreme Court
- The Washington State Supreme Court
- The Washington State Court of Appeals
- All Superior, District & Municipal Courts in Washington State
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States Court of Veterans Appeals
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Navy and Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals
- Lummi Indian Nation Tribal Court, Ferndale, WA